- Strategic Procurement: The Strategic Sourcing team, under the guidance of the Director, focuses on identifying ideal supplier partnerships, adding value into each phase of the procurement process, and developing new strategies to find cost reductions for departments. We obtain feedback from campus customers about these key suppliers and incorporate data and business analyses throughout all of these activities.
- Strategic Sourcing: The team's mission is to identify suppliers that can provide the greatest strategic value and then negotiate Institute wide contracts to improve Rensselaer's spending habits. We use economies of scale to obtain both hard-cost (dollars) and soft-cost (efficiency and ease of ordering) savings. These campus wide contracts streamline purchasing for departments and ensure competitive pricing. Through Strategic Sourcing, Rensselaer's acquisition of goods and services is more efficient and effective.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Supplier Relationship Management is a program used to establish meaningful relationships with Rensselaer's most critical suppliers. Mutual goals promote value creation and the continuous improvement of the overall quality of delivered goods and services. These relationships are managed through regular business reviews, contract management, and frequent supplier contact. This management ensures that suppliers are performing at optimal levels with regard to pricing, customer service, and effective Rensselaer Marketplace catalogs.
- Business Analytics: Business analytics assists in supporting data-driven Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management. Business analytics includes collecting, analyzing, and categorizing Institute spend data, spending habits, and business decisions. This type of data analysis allows for continuous improvement for all phases of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process.
- Commodity Assignments: Procurement Services allocates requisition and project volume to the Strategic Sourcing team via commodity and dollar amount. The Strategic Sourcing Agent manages requisitions under $5,000 across most commodities. Strategic Sourcing Managers administer Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and process requisitions over the Institute's bid threshold according to the Procurement Services Commodity Code List. Additionally, Strategic Sourcing Managers handle ongoing business relations with Rensselaer's Master Agreement Suppliers. If you are a member of the Rensselaer community, please refer to our Master Agreements page for more information on the Institute's Marketplace and Preferred Suppliers and for Strategic Sourcing Manager contact details.
STOCKROOM & CENTRAL RECEIVING TEAM
The Stockroom provides support to all the Trades, Academic & Auxiliary Facility Repair, Environmental Services, and Landscape Support Services and manages Central Receiving on behalf of the Troy campus. Rensselaer's Stockroom and Central Receiving is located in the Service Building, adjacent to the Physical Plant, and reports to the Administration Division.
The Institute's E-Business group is responsible for all things related to Procure-To-Pay (P2P) system at RPI (OSCAR), Accounts Payable, supplier onboarding (PaymentWorks), and travel and expense (Concur). The E-Business group is part of the Controller's Office in the Division of Finance.
All E-Business operations (including travel and expense) are located in downtown Troy at:
90 4th Street, Troy NY 12180
For support, please submit a request by going to the Finance and Administrative Support portal.
MAIL SERVICES TEAM
Mail Services at Rensselaer provides the Rensselaer community with reliable and professional service for the receipt and processing of U.S. Postal Service and inter-office mail. We are committed to providing quality service and assisting the Institute with all of its mail-related needs. Our goal is to continually provide timely and efficient mail related services. Mail Services reports to the Administration Division.
The Rensselaer Student Mail Center is located on the first floor of the student Union building. We are located next to the RPI Collegiate Store.
The Faculty and Staff Mail Center is located in the basement of the J Building at the corner of 11th Street and Peoples Avenue.
For questions, please contact us at MAILSVS-L@lists.rpi.edu.